FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ads
WRX Turbo Notch gone balls deep with the Porsche bits again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kai
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New rims

Don't sleep and drive!!!
Kai
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 6 years I've finally made the radiator top

Still requires some adjusting I n places but overall
I'm very pleased with it.

Don't sleep and drive!!!
Kai
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, couple of months on since my last up date I've still not done much.

So back in June or July I sold the tyres from my cups 1's to my mate. The car was on axles stands for a couple of weeks waiting for the new wheels to go on not as simple as it would sound.

New rims are 16x9 and 16x7 or 8, can't remember. Anyway offsets were never going to fit under the arches. Out came the ..... jigsaw of all things. I read online it was the best tool for trimming the wheel arches back. I wanted to do this properly so out came the shocks and up went the new wheels correctly mounted and I removed all the metal in the way of the up traveling wheel. A daunting task but I'm more then happy with the results. I took two days off last week to finalise everything so all arches are chopped and over arch extension things are rivnutted on. Metal work is bent back at a right angle to retain some of the strength within the wing but the extensions provide a lot of support also. Extensions have a rubber u channel trim between the body and extension and then used countersunk machine washers and bolts. Well happy.

Marking the cut

Cut

Wheel poke

Tool for forming the bend

Front cut

Arch fitted

Front finished

Don't sleep and drive!!!
Kai
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=Kai post_id=61845 time=1510523642 user_id=905]
Side view with of cuts

Rear cut

Front spacers

Finished arcticle

Wants a 15mm spacer on the rear.

Overall I'm well happy. Just because it's rolling again and driveable..... just at the end of the season haha.
[/quote]

Don't sleep and drive!!!
Kai
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small up date,

Managed to finish off my tiny rust patch. I got bored of grinding the welds done so just painted over what I had done. Apart from the paint you wouldnt notice the repair. I did forget to get a picture when the wheel was off so just a terrible one to show.

The inner part of the air vent area was particularly pleasent to finish either. Access is very difficult so it looks terrible but should hopefully lay another 40 odd years now. Certainly has enough paint brushes into the areas.

So having finished my rust repair, on the one side, I’m very much keen to the idea of doing smaller jobs to the car. Basically trying to keep it as a rolling project rather then tackling huge jobs which take me weeks. This was supposed to become my daily driver back in June which never happened. Anyhow so I finished the repair. Went to move the car and it’s bugged me ever since I had fitted them. The illumation on my gauges just wasn’t cutting it. The blue LED’s for the temp and fuel gauges never worked properly and I had fitted old bulbs just to get them working, the Rev counter bulbs worked but would flicker and the speedometer illumination on the new gauge is terrible and uses one bulb. Out comes the LED rope lights.

Took me perhaps a couple of hours to do all three gauges but the results are impressive. They look purple in the picture but it’s actually blue.

I’m now getting alot of glare on the windscreen so will make some caps for the gauges in the future.

Saturday morning I wanted to go out figured I would take the Notch. It was very cold, as I had washed the car the day before, with the cold weather the only lock that should work on the car was totally frozen and I couldn’t get in. How nostalgic I thought. Not had a frozen door lock in over a decade and I’m thinking how my kids will probably never know about car door locks freezing keeping you out of them lol.

Went to the local Bums and Queers looking for Christmas lights for the house. Failed to get the lights and door locks had decided to freeze again. Hammered the key into the lock which got me back into the car.

Sunday I ended up at Bird world for the Santa’s grotto, was a good little adventure as I had no intention of going in the Notch but had an uneventful drive up there. It’s satisfyingly quick to drive.

Don't sleep and drive!!!
panel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the LED strips ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: